The biggest problem when you start in the marketing industry is, what the heck am I going to tell to my audience. It makes it even more difficult to know that at the beginning there isn't any audience. So to whom am I talking to and what am I talking about.
As you may imagine this was exactly my issue when I got started. So I did a lot of listening, watching and reading and while I was doing that I realized that all these was already content.
The very first and most important thing to do is to brand yourself. Even if you work for an MLM, be aware of not to mention it at all. But always remember to brand yourself. You are the company, you are the product, you are the service and you are the boss and leader of your company …. no one else!
The second important task is, that you have to find your niche and target your market. What are your passions: health, animals, mindset, marketing, mlm, woodwork …. whatever. You have to know who is going to be your market, your potential client. Therefore find out who will you go to help, serve and deliver solutions. Most of the time this goes with what your passions are, because there you are the master.
So now you can start putting out value creating content. Now creating content??? What kind of content? Where do I find valuable, interesting content?
Here is where the magic formula comes in INVEST-LEARN-TEACH. Yes because before you get some kind of content you have to invest. Either you invest in products, in tools, in books or in time. Then you learn and apply, after you learned and applied, you can teach and share it.
I learned this tip from one of my mentor and that is to take minimum 30 minutes time on a Sunday and do some research collecting themes and contents for the starting week.
You do it this way:
- You can go to Facebook, YouTube, Google or read books, these medias are your best friends.
- Your notes you write during events, hangouts, webinars, trainings are precious, never forget as Ray Higdon says “Your notes are uncashed checks”.
- Look for experts and Leaders on Facebook: like Ray Higdon, Zig Ziglar, Bob Proctor and many others. Listen to what they have to say, like trainings, wisdom, life philosophy and so on, be inspired and create your content out of that and repurpose it again.
- Go through your own Facebook feed, watch out for affirmations and create your own story or learning curve around it.
- Go to Google and search for forums, there are millions of forums in so many different niches. Have a look at what questions people have and create content around these questions, delivering solutions.
Remember whatever you're listen to, watch or read, when repurposing and sharing, always do it in your own words. Make it yours, integrating your character and your style into.
Wish you happy content research!!!